MLC full-time employee benefits include $500/month towards health/dental/vision insurance, an annual $720 wellness stipend, IRA with 3% employer match, paid holidays and time off, and paid professional
4 Year Degree
The Center Director works closely with and reports to the Executive Director on all aspects of the learning center’s management, daily operations, programming, strategic planning, and organizational development.
The Center Director ensures successful program implementation, manages the program staff and teachers, and coordinates with the administrative team, teachers, and families to facilitate the goals set forth by the Executive Director and Board of Directors. The Center Director assists the Executive Director in leading Morningstar with a growth mindset, routinely evaluating and improving the program to provide excellent service to the Big Sky community. This is a year-round, full-time, exempt, salaried position with an expected schedule of 8:30-5:30 Monday through Friday, with occasional evening and weekend responsibilities for events.
Program Administration & Management
• Oversee program protocols and policies, including implementation, adherence, and timely and effective communication regarding these elements with staff and families
• Oversee program curriculum and instructional excellence, including planning monthly PIR days and being a role model and resource for teachers and staff
• Hire, supervise, and manage teachers and the Office Manager, including routine goal-setting sessions and performance evaluations
• Make purchases as needed to support program needs, advising on and operating within program budgets
• Dress professionally and represent the organization with integrity at all times
• Establish a professional level of rapport with families to provide quality care and friendly service
• Communicate with families and teachers regularly via brightwheel, including monthly newsletter
• Oversee and maintain day-to-day safety, organization, and operation of all children and the center
• Support Office Manager with the management of family accounts, billing, and enrollment
• Manage staff scheduling and time off requests
• Identify maintenance needs and arrange for their timely resolution
• Be available on property during operating hours for interaction with and support of staff and families
• Provide semi-annual Board updates
• Serve on the Governance Committee
• Set measurable operational and service goals under the direction of the Executive Director
• Support with fundraising and events, including but not limited to communication efforts and attendance
• Coordinate with the Parent Teacher Organization to ensure strong collaboration on school/PTO events
• Maintain strong community partnerships to support MLC’s mission and programming through collaboration
Montana State Licensure
• Hold and maintain Montana state daycare licensure
• Oversee annual licensing renewal and ensure compliance with licensing requirements
• Oversee that all staff are operating within licensing regulations and maintaining their credentials
• Complete 16 hours of approved continuing education annually per state licensing requirements
Over the last 15 years, Morningstar has made this vision a reality while providing developmentally appropriate curricula and experiences to encourage and support students’ individual growth in a fun filled, positive, and welcoming environment. As the only full-time, year-round, licensed childcare provider in Big Sky, we serve the needs of approximately 80 families and provide support to over 30 local businesses annually.
We strive to offer a sustainable and progressive childcare facility that will continue to fill this growing need in our community for working families. Our partnerships with the Big Sky School District, Community Library, WIA, Thrive, YCCF, SPCF, MCF and many other community organizations help to ensure our continued success.
As Big Sky continues to grow and change, we will continue to adapt to best meet the needs of the Big Sky community.